Sunday, January 10, 2010

Inertia

My skirts were getting tighter, my energy was lower and my belly was fatter. I wasn't happy. At first I blamed it on my clothes... something was wrong with them. Or I assumed the doctor's scale was not right. But the truth is the truth. I knew what the problem was and I knew that I no longer had the time or space or even the energy to push myself to work out in my living room with a DVD. So, I joined the YMCA, actually our whole family did. On my break I challenged myself to take 2 or more classes daily to jump start some weight loss while I had the time. My eating habits are pretty healthy so I knew that my gain was due to lack of exercise. Well, after Zumba (think African, Indian and Salsa dancing), Kickboxing, Aerobics, Yoga, and Weight lifting, I've lost about 4 pounds and 2.5 inches. Just about 6 more pounds to go! And like so many other things in life, the problem and solution were both entirely up to me. When I am in a bad habit in life, I don't really want to notice it. In fact, I might think, "my clothes must be shrinking" or "this scale is off" but rarely do I say right off, I'm gaining weight because I'm not burning enough energy. How many other habits do I have that I make excuses for? Habits that undermine my health, spiritually and physically? What am I waiting for?








The sluggard craves and gets nothing but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.



Proverbs 13:4












No comments:

Post a Comment