Saturday, October 23, 2010

What I Can and Can't Do


I can be a faithful teacher and a faithful mom at the same time.
I can't try to be Wonder Woman.

I can work and still enjoy making meals for my family.
I can't try to be Martha Stewart.

I can keep an orderly home.
I can't try to do it all myself.

I can live with less.
I can't try to have it all.

I can use the Internet to help me stay organized.
I can't stay organized if I am distracted by surfing the net.

I can do all that I am supposed to do.
I can't lose my focus.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

I marvel that the Lord of all left the throne, endured poverty and shame for 33 years, died for all and returned to that throne considering His work done (He sat down). That Lord is my Lord. He began the work that I take part in as a Christian. His kingdom is my focus. By His grace I can accomplish His calling. But I must fix my eyes. Ever try balancing without finding a focal point? "Let us fix our eyes"...

No comments:

Post a Comment