Thursday, July 16, 2009

Leaving On A Jet Plane

With 13 bags, 4 neck pillows, and 3 laptops, we are ready to board. I mentioned to Mary last night that it feels a little scarey to be leaving the safety of home and church, school, friends and family to start a new life in a new place. She gently reminded me that regardless of our income, location or employment status, we are dependant on the Lord for all our needs. Good words. We think that we are providing for ourselves in all of our self sufficiency but it is God who puts us where we are and holds us in His hand. It is He who will somehow stretch our dollars to afford the most expensive place to live in America. It is He who will give us new friends and He who will use us. I confess I have been a little anxious as this day has drawn nearer. His Word reminds me to "be anxious for nothing but with thanksgiving make my requests known to God." So, I'll start with being thankful for His very clear direction in getting us this far, His provision for our needs, including mechanics, His hospitality through friends along the way...when I start with thanksgiving, it drives away the anxiety...funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment